If you are setting up your Loupedeck for the first time, we recommend you follow the instructions on our dedicated setup page.
Please make sure all your applications are up to date, and you are using the latest version of the Loupedeck software.
Our regular software updates bring new features and improved stability. Running the latest version of our software and the applications you work with provides the best user experience.
SOME DIALS OR BUTTONS ARE NOT WORKING
- Check if you use any third-party antivirus software that could be blocking commands sent from Loupedeck and update the settings
- Check Firewall & Network protection settings and make sure Loupedeck is among apps that are allowed through the firewall.
Reboot your Mac once Loupedeck software is installed to ensure Loupedeck plugins are connected correctly. Due to macOS security features, Loupedeck requires certain permissions to function. Please follow these steps to grant the required permissions:
- Open System Preferences
- Select Security & Privacy
- Select Privacy
- Go to Accessibility
- Find Loupedeck and tick the box, then confirm the changes
- Some macOS versions require to add Loupedeck in the Automation settings (System preferences -> Security & Privacy -> Privacy -> Automation), check that the System Event box is ticked under Installer.
After changing the settings, pop-ups asking for permission may appear. The permissions should be granted for the Loupedeck to work.
THE LOUPEDECK SOFTWARE UPDATE WON’T INSTALL
Our software installs Loupedeck plugins directly into the folders of supported editing apps. Therefore, it is important to have all the editing apps closed while running the Loupedeck installer.
If your installation fails on Windows, please follow these steps:
- Log into Windows with your Administrator user account. On Windows computers, Loupedeck software requires Administrator permission to complete the installation. Logging into Windows with an Administrator account is not the same as the „Run as Admin“ option. This will be optimized in our future software versions
- Check the settings of any third-party antivirus software or Firewall on your PC that could be blocking the installation. To allow Loupedeck through Firewall, search for „Firewall & Network protection“ on your PC, click on the „Allow an app through Firewall“ and then change the settings so that the checkbox next to Loupedeck is ticked.
I HAVE INSTALLED LOUPEDECK ON OUR SHARED COMPUTER, BUT OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS/USERS CANNOT SEE IT IN THEIR PROFILE
Loupedeck software is installed per user. Please install the software for the other family member/user accounts, but note that it can only be installed and used on administrator accounts.
I UNZIP THE INSTALLATION FILE, BUT IT GETS DELETED RIGHT AWAY.
Some virus scanners are programmed to protect your computer from new, unfamiliar software. The software will then be deleted or disabled.
To prevent this either temporarily disable your virus scanner or ask it to exclude Loupedeck configuration software in its threat assessment. Then uninstall the Loupedeck software and install the latest version (found here).
Instructions on how to make an exception for Loupedeck with Avast Antivirus can be found here.
Using a feature like CyberCapture that prevents all new software from running can also cause problems.
To turn this feature off in Avast, follow these instructions.